Power is nothing without control

Posted by deadMeta | Posted in | Posted on 12:49 AM

0





While
Im doing a windows shopping at zerotohundred.com, the Malaysian automotive biggest trade center, I attracted to a front suspension. A Mitsubishi Evolution 3 front suspension which cost me RM300 per pair. Seeing the very cheap price make me forget about buying a new wheel. I called the person, and later I had a new suspension on my car. Super stiff suspension.

Fow a few week, I was happy with the new suspension. It stiff, it grip well, It helps me alot to go faster on the corner except on the bump. The suspension is too stiff, driving on the speed bump is like hitting a curb for me. And later i found, this suspension wont help me if the road is bumpy, my car like jumping-jumping on the road. I suffer a back ache, really hurt until i had to see the doctor and physiotherapists. A friend told me, stiffness is not everything. The suspension is stiff because my car and my engine is lighter then lancer evo3. Plus, the suspension is not a stock suspension for the car.

With the little advice, I start to survey for a new suspension. Eibach is very confortable but stiff, the only problem is, on that time, they have no lowered spring. I want my car to go abit low than stock, so i pass. Plus Eibach cost me around RM1000 for a set of spring.

APM adjustable, quite cheap. RM1200 with one year warranty. A friend told me it wont help me alot due to my driving style. And the after the warranty finish, the absorber might need service. cost me rm600 for full service. I guess i cant afford that.

GAB adjustable, tasted on my friend car. Not really comfortable but it helps alot at the corner. Cost me RM1600. But again, i cant afford that.

My search end up with a monroe sensatrac front absorber, monroe reflex rear absorber, and sparco sport lowered spring. A combination of a heavy duty and long lasting absorber and a lowered sport spring. Why Monroe? Many people told me it long lasting and quite comfortable. And Sparco? because it lowered and cheaper then tein or cusco. I dont know why im not choosing GAB spring. I dont trust them perhaps.

And yeah, this time i really satisfy. My new suspension setup which is comfortable and stiff. Now i had a fun and faster ride no matter how the road surface was.

Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment