Introduction

Posted by deadMeta | Posted in | Posted on 12:31 AM

0

Hi there, welcome to my blog or should I say welcome to my life. Im not telling you about my life, but about me and the automotive world from my perspective. Well, who am I to tell you about automotive world? an engineer? professional racer? tuner? car maker? Sorry to disappoint you, im just an ordinary guy who's new in this automotive world. Not really new, been here for few years but still a newbie! So why the hell you should read my blog? This blog is from beginners for beginners, if you interested to join automotive world, read this and you might learn something so you wont wasting your time doing the thing iv been doing for the past few years.

Before i start telling you about my automotive life, let me introduce myself so i wont become an unknown to all of you. I was born in November 1987, so theoritically I am 21 years old. Born and lived in a country called Malaysia located in the ASIA, a country where a car manufacturer called PROTON (perusahaan automobil nasional) was born. I start to love car at the age of 14 when I play a Playstation game called Gran Turismo. I found car is very interesting when i buy, modify, the car get fast and easy to lose control, and choosing a different car for a different track is a must. Just like I just jumping into a new big world which I must participate. GT Japan championship is the only race I never missed. For me, watching a Formula 1 race is so damn boring. I love GT Japan and WRC better. My first dream car is Toyota Supra RZ. For the 14 years old kid, i attracted by the shape and their performance. In Gran Turismo game, it suprisingly fast and easy to add the horsepower, with a little upgrade it gain a big horsepower but it became wilder and harder to control. But again, for a 14 yr old kid i don't give a damn about the stability, i just race and hit here and there and win the race. I become exited when i saw Toyota Supra in GT Japan championship always win the race. For me, Toyota Supra is the best car ever without understanding it weakness and advantage.

Growing at the age of 16 years old, I still don.t understand what is a car. But I fall in love to another car, it was Nissan Silvia S15 as i seen in Gran Turismo 2, the Daishin Silvia. Knowing that i cant afford the both supra and silvia, i attracted to Malaysia nasional car call PROTON PUTRA, the first sport car from proton. It looks more like Silvia but it based from Mitsubishi Mirage, and it quite affordable. I had a friend who own Proton Wira. The original engine is 1.5 liter SOHC carburator who converted the engine to 1.8 liter DOHC turbocharged from 1992 Mitsubishi Lancer. Jumping from 79bhp to 170bhp is a massive decision, and sitting inside a 170bhp instead of 79bhp car is shocking. Shocked by a big power change i become exited to own my very own car.



At the age of 17, I receive my first bike. It was SUZUKI FXR 150. 150cc, and 20bhp, kinda big bike for beginner who knows nothing about bike and car. I cant even name the part of the bike beside the tire. Every time I go to the workshop I keep asking every part from the bike. So I know which is the carburator, engine block, cylinder head, camshaft, sprocket, timing chain and the important thing is, i start learning the powerband, the pickup, mid range, top speed, what is high revving engine, how to tackle a corner and every other thing that u cannot find in the manual or even the wikipedia. Something that people cannot explain briefly how it works! the beauty of automotive world!



I get my first car when I start my college at the age of 18. It was 1999 Proton WIRA 1.5 SOHC fuel injection. 89BHP with automatic transmission. Of course it not a fast car, owned by my mother before me. Oh yeah, I go to college to study a Diploma in Automotive engineering... and there my story began....

Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment